HND in Computer Game DevelopmentHND in Computer Game Development
HND in Computer Game Development: British Official Diploma of 120 ECTS credits.
Optional Top Up Year in United Kingdom: Bachelor's Degree 180 ECTS.
Be a game artist
The job of an artist in Videogames is as complex as the job of any other digital artist but, with an additional difficulty of being an interactive product and at the same time, working with a minimum amount of available resources, facts that complicate even more the creative process. It has to gather together talent of different nature and to be a specialist in particular areas too. A high standard game may have a huge amount of characters, environments, animations and so many technical challenges to face, with special focus on maintaining at all times a high quality standard and a particular and well-polished design regarding the artistic style of each project.
The Videogame artist is the author of all the graphic elements of a game, starting from environments and vehicles, up to characters and objects. The Videogame artist will use a great variety of digital publishing tools, such as drawing programs and 3D modeling packages or digital sculpture, in order to create higher quality elements that developers can integrate into the game.
At ESAT, you will not only learn how to use these tools, but you will also learn the conceptual base in order to be a good creator, to be able to work in team, to lead projects and to assume roles in an art and development team.
The Videogame artist has to be enthusiastic, creative and always keep a critical spirit.
- We prepare professionals in areas of: animation, conceptual art, level design and 3D modeling.
- Our Art in Videogames students are trained in design and 3D modeling, animation, digital sculpture and conceptual art among other disciplines.
- Our work is done using the latest technology which is currently used on the market at a professional level.
Work in the videogames sector
The Videogames Industry is an exciting sector. It represents the entertainment industry with the highest revenues in the 21st century. It´s such a diverse industry that can be easily considered the nest for million dollar projects, carried out by highly specialized teams and, on the other hand, for independent proposal as well, developed by smaller teams full of dynamism.
- Concept artist: 2D professional and design development, both for backgrounds or environments, characters, objects, props.
- Level Builder: professional in environment creation and graphic engine handling.
- 3D Artist: professional in creating and texturing all types of 3D models, environments, vehicles, objects and characters.
- Animator: professional in character animation.
- Generation of content for Digital Animation cinema.
- Any other opportunities that are not directly connected with the production of Videogames: graphic producer for simulation processes, 3D models producer for the film industry, advergaming, avatar producer and 3D graphics for the Web.
Study Computer Game Development in ESAT
Final Videogames Projects Preproduction 2020-2021
Final Videogames Projects Preproduction 2019-2020
Testimonials from our Computer Game Development alumni
- BUP, FP2, FP medio (middle grade of vocational training).
- 2nd scientific baccalaureate LOGSE, PAU 25 years old.
- Foreign studies that equals the Spanish baccalaureate. (A Levels)
- Students over 25 years old have two options: have an interview with our admittance department, where a review of their personal project will be carried out or, by submitting a reference letter.
If you have already done any university studies related to our HNDs, do not hesitate to ask us about the possibility of subject validation.
Fund your studies and pay conveniently
Chief Financial Officer at ESAT
Phone: (+34) 963 155 637