HND in Computing Videogames ProgrammingHND in Computing
HND in Computing (Videogames Programming): British Official Diploma of 120 ECTS credits.
Optional Top Up Year in United Kingdom: Bachelor's Degree 180 ECTS (Teesside University in Middlesbrough, Sheffield-Hallam University, Coventry University).
Stand out in the games industry
The HND in Computing (Videogames Programming) is a full studies program, focused on training both professional developers and experts in technology, who will be working in the Videogames industry. This program gives our students the opportunity to join up the last year of an Honours Bachelor Degree in British Universities, or to be part of a development team for Videogames producers. The studies are divided into 3 academic years.
The first year is an intensive course on Information Technology and the technological basis for video games, which serves as a prologue and introduction to the most advanced programming subjects studied in later courses. The second and third years are composed entirely of subjects related to the development of video games: both areas of production (such as project management or teamwork), game design and especially programming, emphasizing disciplines such as graphics programming, video game engines, artificial intelligence, networking or hardware architectures, and low-level programming.
All subjects are taught by professional experts in the Videogames Industry or Technological Investigation. In addition, each academic year relies on a school load dedicated to improving the technical, spoken and written English of our students, as well as preparing them to be able to accomplish English technical presentations and public speaking. Those students interested in learning Japanese, can also sign up for Japanese subjects to get familiar with the language and Japanese culture, which is well known to have a great influence in the industry and publication of Videogames. Students belonging to the third year must successfully complete a Videogame Project in order to graduate.
This project will be done together with students from the HND of Computer Game Animation. Students from both courses will form mixed teams and will be supervised by an instructor of the Videogames Industry, who acts as a mentor for each one of the teams and will guide them in order to obtain a high standard game developed by them.
Work in the videogames sector
The Videogames Industry is an exciting sector. It is the entertainment sector with the highest income in the 21st century. Worldwide turnover exceeds 90,000 million dollars and has a growth rate of more than 10%. The generation of employment in Spain grows at a rate higher than 22% in the last year. In Spain alone, the turnover growth from 2015 to 2016 was 21%. The companies invoiced more than 617 million euros. It is a completely heterogeneous industry, where they can be accommodated from multi million dollar projects, carried out by large highly specialized teams, to independent proposals, developed by smaller and more dynamic multidisciplinary teams. Professional outings:
- Technology Programmer and Low Level.
- Gameplay Programmer.
- Graphic Programmer.
- Network Administrator and Programmer.
- Game Designer.
- Level Designer.
- Graphic Engine Programmer.
- Serious Game Programmer focused on Health, Education and Safety.
- Developer for Videogame Artificial Intelligence.
- Interactive Applications Developer.
Study Videogames Programming in ESAT
Final Videogames Projects Preproduction 2020-2021
Final Videogames Projects Preproduction 2019-2020
Testimonials from our Computing Videogames Programming alumni
Me he convertido en el profesional que soñaba…
Any of the following leads to a personal interview in order to be able to study in our School:
- BUP, FP2, FP medio (middle grade of vocational training).
- 1st scientific baccalaureate.
- 2nd scientific baccalaureate LOGSE, PAU 25 years old.
- Foreign studies that equals the Spanish baccalaureate.
- CFGS or CFGM – with an overcome CFGS qualifying exam.
Vocational Training Courses:
- Students who had already studied a Computer Engineering Degree, can directly accede onto the 2nd Year of Videogames Programming, by passing a personal interview where their CV will be reviewed. Any subject validation concerning Vocational Training Courses will be taken in consideration by our management.
- Students over 18 years old have two options: have an interview with our admittance department, where a review of their personal project will be carried out, or by submitting a reference letter.
If you have already done any university studies related to our HNDs, do not hesitate to ask us about the possibility of subject validation.
Fund your studies and pay conveniently
Chief Financial Officer at ESAT
Phone: (+34) 963 155 637